Why Choose Us?
Top 10 reasons to join our residency program as concluded from current residents:
- Program director and faculty genuinely care and want to see you succeed with whatever you plan to do after residency. We aim to create the Swiss Army Knife of family physicians who is highly useful in many ways.
- Elective time built into the curriculum to tailor your educational experience.
- Ample opportunity for procedures – varying from laceration repairs and skin biopsies to central lines and intubations. We are the only residents in the hospital!
- Didactic curriculum revolves around the ABFM’s blueprint topics to make you successful on your In Training Exam and Board Certification Exam.
- Monthly evidence-based journal clubs with our very own program director and vice president of publications/executive editor of the national organization, “FPIN,” Dr. Mott.
- Designated co-counseling time with our Behavioral Scientist to provide patient support and learn motivational interviewing skills.
- Dictation microphones and laptops are provided for all residents to help you spend less time on notes and more time with your patients.
- Complementary meals and snacks provided for all residents.
- Community education and outreach opportunities available to all residents.
- Look where we live! Plenty of things to do as Southern Baldwin County is a hot spot for tourism, which includes close proximity to Gulf Shores, the beach and Tanger Outlets, OWA, Gulf State Park and much more! Visit this website for more information.